Pharmacy Scholarships???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shamaze

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those that are in pharmacy school or going to pharmacy school with scholarships...how did you get your scholarship and from where? Just curious since tuition is getting really high and any financial help would be a great.

Members don't see this ad.

There really aren't a lot of straight up scholarships out there, but check with your school. There are programs with the military and companies like walgreens where they will either pay for your tutition up front or repay your loans for years of service to them.

Patmcd is right...there are not a lot of scholarships out there. I was really surprised and disappointed to realize that (to me) it seems like it is easier to get scholarship money for medical school versus pharmacy school. But I will say it does depend on the school. One school that I was accepted to told us flat out that they had no money for scholarships so don't even look for one. The school I will be attending (Creighton U.) seems to have given out several scholarships to incoming students. Many of the students on SDN who will be attending Creighton were awarded some sort of partial scholarship/grant money from what I have read. So again, it depends on the school.

Members don't see this ad :)
shamaze said:
For those that are in pharmacy school or going to pharmacy school with scholarships...how did you get your scholarship and from where? Just curious since tuition is getting really high and any financial help would be a great.
I was just notified that I am a scholarship recipient from USN. I have no idea how much though..... :thumbup: