Pharmacy School Application & Experience

Started by pharm357
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm357

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello Everybody,
how hard is it to get accepted to PharmD program at any pharmacy school. I need to volunteer at a pharmacy or shadow a pharmacist. How do I do this?
I have called few pharmacy and they tell me we don't have an opportunity for volunteering. They recommended to get a pharmacy technician license to be able to work at their pharmacy.
I planing on taking the PCAT this summer and move forward applying. Any suggestion or advice are appreciated.

Thanks!
 
Get a pharm tech license. Work in a pharmacy.

Yes, it helps to get in, but more importantly make sure you can see yourself doing it (especially in retail) for the rest of your career.