Pharmacy School background check

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whitelion

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an institutional action (probation status) with the Dean of student life at undergraduate university. This happen after offered acceptance to pharmacy school. I am worrying about too much. Typically am I required to call my school and let them know?
What if I just keep it dl, is it possible they will find out later?
Do pharmacy schools contact undergrad institution and ask for conduct disciplinary record?

anyone with this kind of situation? Please be respectful cause problem happen all the time.

Thank you all for your time and reading my post.

Members don't see this ad.

I have not been in this situation myself however there have been instances like this that I've heard from about other students.

I think the requirements differ from school to school on whether or not you have to report these things. However, I would recommend that you be upfront about what happened. You can always speak to an advisor at your undergrad too and see what they recommend.

I have an institutional action (probation status) with the Dean of student life at undergraduate university. This happen after offered acceptance to pharmacy school. I am worrying about too much. Typically am I required to call my school and let them know?
What if I just keep it dl, is it possible they will find out later?
Do pharmacy schools contact undergrad institution and ask for conduct disciplinary record?

anyone with this kind of situation? Please be respectful cause problem happen all the time.

Thank you all for your time and reading my post.

I believe the background check is to look into your records, criminal records or felony records. If you got probation status and did not end up expel, I think you shouldn't worry too much. You should talk to someone in the school to confirm. No...they will based their decision on your background check. If I were you, I wouldn't worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe the background check is to look into your records, criminal records or felony records. If you got probation status and did not end up expel, I think you shouldn't worry too much. You should talk to someone in the school to confirm. No...they will based their decision on your background check. If I were you, I wouldn't worry.
Hi AHossain,
which school you mentioned I should talk to? Undergrad or phamracy? I am afraid if I talk about it. I will keep it on dl.
I talked to my undergrad school dean and said this won't follow you outside. They are only obligated to release information to school that require conduct disciplinary check before attending their institution.
Are these type record FERPA protected?

If your undergraduate Dean gave you the OK you are OK.
sorry if I don't understand. The dean just told me they are obligated to report the incident to other graduate or professional institutions who check conduct disciplinary record of prospective student who want to attend their institution. It is just a probation status but not showing on transcript.
She also said you would need to sign a consent release form if other schools want to check.

thanks

sorry if I don't understand. The dean just told me they are obligated to report the incident to other graduate or professional institutions who check conduct disciplinary record of prospective student who want to attend their institution. It is just a probation status but not showing on transcript.
She also said you would need to sign a consent release form if other schools want to check.

thanks

Since they cannot release the information until you sign, do not sign anything or volunteer to sign anything unless you are forced to by the pharmacy school you are applying for.

My sister is considering applying to pharmacy school, but she has a paraphernalia charge on record. She wasn't convicted and it will be expunged in a couple years. It looks like the pharmcas application only asks about convictions. Should she wait to apply until it is expunged? What would happen if she applied now, and (truthfully) didn't put it on her application since she was never convicted?