Pharmacy school choice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Abimansa

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've recently been accepted to two pharmacy schools with accelerated programs, LECOM and MCPHS (Worcester). Which is the better choice and why?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I've recently been accepted to two pharmacy schools with accelerated programs, LECOM and MCPHS (Worcester). Which is the better choice and why?

This question is too vague to answer. Too many factors. what environment do you prefer to live? professors, curriculum, focus on community or clinical. so many factors. depends on you, no one here can really help you

This question is too vague to answer. Too many factors. what environment do you prefer to live? professors, curriculum, focus on community or clinical. so many factors. depends on you, no one here can really help you

Yes this person is correct. You should look all pharmacy school as equal and pick the one that fits your prefference best.

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes this person is correct. You should look all pharmacy school as equal and pick the one that fits your prefference best.

Rather than say "it's up to you," which is valid, but rather dismissive in my opinion, I'll try to send you some guidance since I was in the same situation. I empathize with your situation. I'll try my best to give you some insight from my experience.

I think you really ought to listen to how you feel throughout the interview process: What are the staff and students/preceptors like? How do you feel walking through the halls of the facility?

I've seen some pharmacy school candidates take short notes to reflect their experience.

Also, once all those interviews are done, I'd look at which schools seem to align better with what are your most -important- preferences. For me, it was a contention of budget and how much quality the program had. I'm from Ohio, so OSU was the best pick for the tuition I was paying.

Since you have two to pick from, you should think hard about where you -will- be in a few years. Imagine yourself as a student there and think hard about what your daily life may be like.

Ultimately, you're going to have to be spending a lot of time in one place and you'll want to like: the city you're in, the people in the city (for the most part), the students you go to school with, the teachers that teach you, and be happy to go in to VAST amounts of debt to do all those things.

I hope this was somewhat comprehensive to get you started.

Good luck.

I love that people think this :D

Not sure what your implication is? do you agree? or do you mean that some school are actually better than other and that it is actually naivee to think that all schools are equal?