Pharmacy School Concern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

msolisco73

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a Chemistry major, but I am wanting to go to pharmacy school after I get my degree. I am very set on getting my degree in chemistry, seeing how it is something I enjoy and am very good at. However, my concern is whether I can still get into a pharmacy school with grades of a C or below. I have gotten all As and one B in all of my chemistry courses and am doing fairly well in my other science and math courses. The only classes that I have gotten a C or D in are not related to science at all. One was a religion in cultures class and the other was my English class. I would have gotten an A in English, however, my professor marks you down a letter grade for every absence after you exceed the three unexcused absences. My current GPA is a 3.6 and I am a sophomore. Do I still have a chance of getting into a Pharmacy school with these two grades on my transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

I am currently a Chemistry major, but I am wanting to go to pharmacy school after I get my degree. I am very set on getting my degree in chemistry, seeing how it is something I enjoy and am very good at. However, my concern is whether I can still get into a pharmacy school with grades of a C or below. I have gotten all As and one B in all of my chemistry courses and am doing fairly well in my other science and math courses. The only classes that I have gotten a C or D in are not related to science at all. One was a religion in cultures class and the other was my English class. I would have gotten an A in English, however, my professor marks you down a letter grade for every absence after you exceed the three unexcused absences. My current GPA is a 3.6 and I am a sophomore. Do I still have a chance of getting into a Pharmacy school with these two grades on my transcript?
Many schools require English composition as a pre-req, and want a C or higher. It would be best to retake it if you got below a C or even a C. Also, if you apply and get an interview with the C, I guess you can just explain yourself. But honestly, a C in English is questionable.

Reactions: 1 user
You have a 3.6 GPA. You'll be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)

You should understand that pharmacy is a mess right now, kids are easily getting into school with ~3.0 GPAS or sub 3's.

Why are you wasting that 3.6 GPA on pharmacy school? This spells over-qualified.

Stats look good. I'd retake to get a better grade and also meet with a pharmacy school dean or adviser.