Pharmacy School Concern

Started by msolisco73
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

msolisco73

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a Chemistry major, but I am wanting to go to pharmacy school after I get my degree. I am very set on getting my degree in chemistry, seeing how it is something I enjoy and am very good at. However, my concern is whether I can still get into a pharmacy school with grades of a C or below. I have gotten all As and one B in all of my chemistry courses and am doing fairly well in my other science and math courses. The only classes that I have gotten a C or D in are not related to science at all. One was a religion in cultures class and the other was my English class. I would have gotten an A in English, however, my professor marks you down a letter grade for every absence after you exceed the three unexcused absences. My current GPA is a 3.6 and I am a sophomore. Do I still have a chance of getting into a Pharmacy school with these two grades on my transcript?
 
I am currently a Chemistry major, but I am wanting to go to pharmacy school after I get my degree. I am very set on getting my degree in chemistry, seeing how it is something I enjoy and am very good at. However, my concern is whether I can still get into a pharmacy school with grades of a C or below. I have gotten all As and one B in all of my chemistry courses and am doing fairly well in my other science and math courses. The only classes that I have gotten a C or D in are not related to science at all. One was a religion in cultures class and the other was my English class. I would have gotten an A in English, however, my professor marks you down a letter grade for every absence after you exceed the three unexcused absences. My current GPA is a 3.6 and I am a sophomore. Do I still have a chance of getting into a Pharmacy school with these two grades on my transcript?
Many schools require English composition as a pre-req, and want a C or higher. It would be best to retake it if you got below a C or even a C. Also, if you apply and get an interview with the C, I guess you can just explain yourself. But honestly, a C in English is questionable.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently a Chemistry major, but I am wanting to go to pharmacy school after I get my degree. I am very set on getting my degree in chemistry, seeing how it is something I enjoy and am very good at. However, my concern is whether I can still get into a pharmacy school with grades of a C or below. I have gotten all As and one B in all of my chemistry courses and am doing fairly well in my other science and math courses. The only classes that I have gotten a C or D in are not related to science at all. One was a religion in cultures class and the other was my English class. I would have gotten an A in English, however, my professor marks you down a letter grade for every absence after you exceed the three unexcused absences. My current GPA is a 3.6 and I am a sophomore. Do I still have a chance of getting into a Pharmacy school with these two grades on my transcript?

You should understand that pharmacy is a mess right now, kids are easily getting into school with ~3.0 GPAS or sub 3's.
 
I am currently a Chemistry major, but I am wanting to go to pharmacy school after I get my degree. I am very set on getting my degree in chemistry, seeing how it is something I enjoy and am very good at. However, my concern is whether I can still get into a pharmacy school with grades of a C or below. I have gotten all As and one B in all of my chemistry courses and am doing fairly well in my other science and math courses. The only classes that I have gotten a C or D in are not related to science at all. One was a religion in cultures class and the other was my English class. I would have gotten an A in English, however, my professor marks you down a letter grade for every absence after you exceed the three unexcused absences. My current GPA is a 3.6 and I am a sophomore. Do I still have a chance of getting into a Pharmacy school with these two grades on my transcript?

Why are you wasting that 3.6 GPA on pharmacy school? This spells over-qualified.