Pharmacy School Deadline Extended

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kadee

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received an email from a school I was debating on applying to saying that they have extended their deadline to apply.

Why would a professional school do this? Are there not enough people applying as usual? Can't fill their spots? Or are they just attempting to receive more money from fees?

Should I even apply to a school that is dropping their standards in order to fill seats?

Members don't see this ad.

I just received an email from a school I was debating on applying to saying that they have extended their deadline to apply.

Why would a professional school do this? Are there not enough people applying as usual? Can't fill their spots? Or are they just attempting to receive more money from fees?

Should I even apply to a school that is dropping their standards in order to fill seats?

Your intuition has served you well.

Reactions: 1 user

The school cant fill their seats. Due to the overasaturation in the job market, the expinential growth of both schools and class sizes, what was once a prestigious program (pharmacy) is no longer so. Look at the current threads vs the ones from 5 years ago. How many people do you see commenting about getting rejected or wailisted? Not many because it doesnt happen anymore. As long as you are willing to shell out 150k+, you will be accepted into some pharmacy program. Those of you who scored in the 30s on the PCAT will know how true this is, when in fact 5 years ago you would have had no shot. This profession is screwed and ypu are seeing what schools are having to do to expand class sizes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Plus look at all the posts from current students asking for help that are failing out. Definitely didn't see that many in the past.

which school

Not sure what school the OP is talking about, but I got an e-mail from Pacific University letting me know their application deadline is extended to March 1st.