Pharmacy School Decisons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rdy4PharmSchool

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am having a hard time deciding on pharmacy schools to apply to. I have a 3.7 overall and 3.56 in pre-req's. I haven't taken PCAT yet, but I think I will do well. I really like being in small classes and have narrowed down Drake, Belmont, and Harding as my top 3. Would it be possible for me to get into these schools with this GPA and would I be a good applicant for these schools? I really don't know and was curious.

Members don't see this ad.

Your GPA should be competitive at several schools, your PCAT score will be a big factor too. I think you shouldn't have a problem getting interviews, after that its all up to the adcoms.

I go to Drake right now and from what I hear they only accept one or two students from the normal admissions process ( the rest come from the direct program). I would not count on Drake as a school that you would get admissions too ( even through you have great stats). I would also try to apply to a few other schools as back up.

Members don't see this ad :)
Another question, is ACT a good predictor of PCAT scores, someone in admissions told me it was. I made a 30 on it, with a 34 in science. Is that a good predictor that I will do well on the PCAT?

Another question, is ACT a good predictor of PCAT scores, someone in admissions told me it was. I made a 30 on it, with a 34 in science. Is that a good predictor that I will do well on the PCAT?

Probably for the reading comprehension part. The rest of it is different material and they expect you to know a lot more. Though if you got a 34 on the ACT, sounds like you are a good test taker which will really help you out a lot.

hmm...you have a pretty high gpa - dont limit yourself

Depends on the school... Some schools want high GPA's, some want a well rounded person .... one never knows ...