Pharmacy School emails

Started by fanfin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fanfin

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if others are getting unsolicited emails from Pharmacy schools encouraging them to apply to their school?

I get some everyday. Some are starting to come from highly ranked schools.

Is anyone having the same experience?
 
I was just wondering if others are getting unsolicited emails from Pharmacy schools encouraging them to apply to their school?

I get some everyday. Some are starting to come from highly ranked schools.

Is anyone having the same experience?

Emails and snail mail ever since I took the PCAT. I imagine it's because I elected to have my score released to all the schools even though I already knew where I was interested in.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just wondering if others are getting unsolicited emails from Pharmacy schools encouraging them to apply to their school?

I get some everyday. Some are starting to come from highly ranked schools.

Is anyone having the same experience?
Yes. I also am getting them from some high ranked schools. I did well on my PCAT so I assume that's where they're coming from. You can usually opt out at the bottom of the email, but I don't know how to stop the postcards in the mail.
 
Yes, I am sure that is where they are coming from. I did well enough on the PCAT to be competitive at some of these schools.

I understand the opt out function but just wanted to know if others were getting them as well. I do not mind getting them.

I have already been accepted and paid my deposit. I did not know if they could see this information or not.
 
I have been getting them since January because that's when I took my PCAT for the first time. I pretty much ignore since those were not schools I was interested in anyway. I'm guessing if you score well on the PCAT you get those emails.
 
I don't mind it either. It kinda makes me feel good actually when I hear "We want you!" :laugh: But I've been accepted to my first choice and am paying the deposit today so it doesn't matter one way or the other.
 
I too, was accepted to my first choice. I do recall getting worked up over the interview when I told the group and moderators that the injured person who got attacked on our safari, "got what he deserved". There was instant regret and an akward moment of silence.

Anyway, I was wondering about this, and thought that maybe the applicant numbers are going down? I think that honestly, with all the negativity many students are being discouraged, and ultimately not applying. As a consequence, those who score above 70 on the pcat, are probably being bombarded with emails.

I don't think it's purely financial, as MANY top tier programs are sending me emails as well.
 
I was accepted to several schools and my pcat was just mediocre. Its just the school utilizing the "gimme the email" button on their end when pharmcas or pearson gets a new applicant.
 
I probably got 1 unsolicited postcard a few years back after I got a 99 on the PCAT. Schools must be getting desperate to fill seats.