Pharmacy School Harrowing Stories

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nah, baking is fun and stress relieving. You should try it. Eat a couple and bring the rest to work to make everyone your friend 👍


Seems the only time I make cheesecake is around thanksgiving and end up making pumpkin cheesecake (LOVE pumpkin anything). I haven't had a vanilla wafer in ages. Argh...I want one now.


Not as pretty as the ones at sbux but they are yummy!

And to keep it going, tonight was dark chocolate chip and walnut banana nut bread. Should make for yummy french toast in the morning :zip:

5afhg2.jpg


Oh....page 2!
 
You work when you feel like it and they pay you what you think is fair. You also only do stuff you think you should. After all, you went to school for a long time - why shouldn't you get to decide what your job is?

I like this job, where do u find these jobs?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Obviously you can't take days off last minute, but if I knew I needed days off in advance I do not see why I can't just tell them that and take off. If I knew right now that I need July 17th to 18th off, August 23rd to 26th off and Sept 12 to 16th off etc. I can tell them now in June and it should be fine. As long as you tell them in advance I don't see the problem. If I am not getting paided why do they care?

You don't always get the days you want depending on the needs of the institution and whether or not someone can cover your shift.

You really don't know much about the real world, do you?
 
You don't always get the days you want depending on the needs of the institution and whether or not someone can cover your shift.

You really don't know much about the real world, do you?

I got all the days off that I wanted when I was at Walgreens, Drake dental lab and Walmart. However I only requested 2 days at Walmart in my 10 week summer internship.
 
You don't always get the days you want depending on the needs of the institution and whether or not someone can cover your shift.

You really don't know much about the real world, do you?

I got all the days off that I wanted when I was at Walgreens, Drake dental lab and Walmart. However I only requested 2 days at Walmart in my 10 week summer internship.

I think that's a resounding NO!
 
Obviously you can't take days off last minute, but if I knew I needed days off in advance I do not see why I can't just tell them that and take off. If I knew right now that I need July 17th to 18th off, August 23rd to 26th off and Sept 12 to 16th off etc. I can tell them now in June and it should be fine. As long as you tell them in advance I don't see the problem. If I am not getting paided why do they care?
All of my days off are non-paid. I would love to have some PTO. I'm in a wedding tomorrow, so I'm taking off tomorrow and Sunday, and I had to only work a half day today for the rehearsal and dinner. If I could have gotten 2.5 days of pay, that would have been great.