Pharmacy School Interview Dates?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maimi

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have some questions about interview dates. I'm doing regular application for the 2016 starting class for around 7 pharmacy schools. I looked on the schools' specific websites and some say that interviews are between Jan-March, while others say Nov-March.

Can anyone give me a better idea of how the dates for interviews work?
If you get to the interview stage, do they email you to let you know?
If you are offered an interview, are you given multiple dates to choose from? If yes, how far apart are the dates?

My sister is currently doing research abroad until April of 2016 and I really want to visit her for a significant amount of time (at least 3 weeks) so I'm trying to figure out when the best time for that would be. I was thinking I would submit all applications by November, and then go early November to early December?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help!

Members don't see this ad.

It is really dependent on the school. The month that your receive your interview offer relies on two factors: 1.) when you submit your application 2.) the time frame in which the school conducts interviews.

Typically a school will offer you an interview date by email, and if there is a legitimate issue that prevents you from attending, you can contact the school to reschedule it.

1. Usually the school with notify you via email if they decided to extend an interview invite. So make you sure to check your inbox AND spam folders!
2. Most schools with give you several interview dates (they are usually within a couple days or week of each other).
3. Depending on the school, they will either ask you to choose a date or rank the dates (from most preferable to least preferable date).

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I have some questions about interview dates. I'm doing regular application for the 2016 starting class for around 7 pharmacy schools. I looked on the schools' specific websites and some say that interviews are between Jan-March, while others say Nov-March.

Can anyone give me a better idea of how the dates for interviews work?
If you get to the interview stage, do they email you to let you know?
If you are offered an interview, are you given multiple dates to choose from? If yes, how far apart are the dates?

My sister is currently doing research abroad until April of 2016 and I really want to visit her for a significant amount of time (at least 3 weeks) so I'm trying to figure out when the best time for that would be. I was thinking I would submit all applications by November, and then go early November to early December?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help!

Hey! My application was complete and received by the only school that I have applied to last Wednesday. They sent my an email today saying that it was complete and I should receive a response when the the review process is complete. I checked my student portal today and was pleased to see that I have been granted an interview. :) There were two dates that I could pick from and I chose the earlier of the two dates, so I don't have to wait as long! Good luck to you!

Hey! My application was complete and received by the only school that I have applied to last Wednesday. They sent my an email today saying that it was complete and I should receive a response when the the review process is complete. I checked my student portal today and was pleased to see that I have been granted an interview. :) There were two dates that I could pick from and I chose the earlier of the two dates, so I don't have to wait as long! Good luck to you!
I saw that you are interviewing at Midwestern University - Glendale. They're acceptance/reject notification is even faster once the interview is over!

Reactions: 1 users
I submitted my application on pharmcas on July 31st and they still didn't verify my gpa!
I also applied to Midwestern Glendale. Any one else is applying there? How long did it take for you to get your gpa verified by pharmcas?

I submitted my application on pharmcas on July 31st and they still didn't verify my gpa!
I also applied to Midwestern Glendale. Any one else is applying there? How long did it take for you to get your gpa verified by pharmcas?
I applied last cycle. But it took about 2.5-3 weeks for my GPA to get verified. After that, it took less than a week for Midwestern to get back and offer an interview date. Hope you hear good news soon!

Reactions: 1 user
I applied last cycle. But it took about 2.5-3 weeks for my GPA to get verified. After that, it took less than a week for Midwestern to get back and offer an interview date. Hope you hear good news soon!

I also applied last year, but late in December, I was placed on a wait list and didn't get in.
So I reapplied this year 2 weeks ago (making sure to do so Early this time) PharmCas had all info saved from my previous application. All I needed is to submit new LORs and personal statement. They had all my transcripts. And still my GPA is not verified until this day.
I'm So nervous...
If you don't mind asking what are your days of interview? I am due with my second child in October so that's why feeling nervous if I'll be able to attend before I give birth. Thank you!

I also applied last year, but late in December, I was placed on a wait list and didn't get in.
So I reapplied this year 2 weeks ago (making sure to do so Early this time) PharmCas had all info saved from my previous application. All I needed is to submit new LORs and personal statement. They had all my transcripts. And still my GPA is not verified until this day.
I'm So nervous...
If you don't mind asking what are your days of interview? I am due with my second child in October so that's why feeling nervous if I'll be able to attend before I give birth. Thank you!

Oh I just re read your post, and realized you are already in :)) so interview dates are prob different this year

I'm So nervous...

most of my interviews are in Sept. and 1 in oct.
I applied july 21.