pharmacy school interview question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tacosrbeautiful

Reaction score
Hello all!

I have an interview on friday and I'm having trouble coming up with an answer for the most basic of questions. For one of them it says, "name a time when you successfully resolved a conflict?" does anyone have an appropriate answer for this. I'm not really sure what they're looking for, I work at a pharmacy but everything I say seems generic af lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi @tacosrbeautiful! That is a fantastic question. This question asks you a time in which you resolved a conflict. It is by human nature that we all have a conflict at one point or another whether it's in a relationship, at home, or at work. The great thing is that it doesn't have to pertain to pharmacy! Dig into a situation in which you helped navigate an obstacle.

Here's an example to help you get started:
1. Problem: I have a great idea about a project to maximize performance within a software company. Unfortunately, my boss wants me to focus on my own assignments and thinks that the project is a waste of time.
2. Identify possible solutions: I will do the assignments my boss presents and work on the project on the side. Other considerations could be taking the situation to higher ups but you can imagine that this is not the ideal situation since employees should obey the chain of command. In addition, I can evaluate whether my project idea is actually credible or worth my time. Finally, I can ask my coworkers or family members to see if my idea is actually worth pursuing.
3. Pick the best solution(s): Let's say I picked the solution in which I will do my assignment and work on the project on the side after consulting with my coworkers.
4. Agreement: After working on the project, I scheduled a meeting with my boss and gave him or her a cohesive outline of my thoughts to maximize performance. He was pleased and more receptive to my thoughts after my presentation. I felt that this helped solidify my relationship with my boss in the long term.

You can see how this "arbitrary" idea can be rather detailed once thought through. This should be the process in which you identify a conflict and propose possible solutions.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Reactions: 1 user