Pharmacy school & MBA at the same time.........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CuriousPharmD

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of anybody that is in pharmacy school and doing their MBA at the same time??? If so, what's the pharmacy school and MBA program they are in?? Also, does anyone know about reputable online MBA programs, if there is such a thing?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, Butler Univerisity MBA/Pharm.D.

Yes, I know of dual PharmD/MBA programs...i'm talking about being in pharmacy school, then being in an online MBA program at a different university.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, it seems from the way your original question was worded that you wanted to know if we knew of anyone doing their Pharm.D./MBA and if so where. The part about it being an online MBA program seemed like a seperate question.

CuriousPharmD said:
Does anyone know of anybody that is in pharmacy school and doing their MBA at the same time??? If so, what's the pharmacy school and MBA program they are in?? Also, does anyone know about reputable online MBA programs, if there is such a thing?

My brother-in-law did this. He doubled up for one year, his last in pharmacy school, and then finished the MBA the year after pharmacy graduation. The schools were Midwestern Glendale, and ASU - Executive (night) MBA. So, to be clear, he did the first two years at Midwestern alone, then did year three of pharmacy and year one of the MBA, then did year two of the MBA alone. Year three at Midwestern is mostly rotations except for one qtr of school work, which made it a bit easier to swing.

Personal opinion here, but I don't think there is a single reputable online MBA program. I feel the same about online pharmacy programs, law programs or whatever, but online classes seem to water down the whole academic achievement of getting a degree. They have made it so easy to get an MBA that everyone seems to have one, and thus made it not as valuable, IMHO.

There's quite a few people doing the PharmD/MBA program at UF. It's structured so that you do your first 2 years of pharmacy school then you work on your MBA and finish the other 2 years. I think it ends up being 5 years total: PharmD plus MBA.