Pharmacy School - No PCAT? LECOM ERIE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sapu2007

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am 23 years old and took some time off to work and get some things figured out with my personal life. My number once choice is Erie PA - LECOM. I have had a friend there and said the school was great.

I am a senior finishing off my bachelors degree and was really active in pharmacy organizations. I have about 2 years of a pharmacy technician job experience. My GPA for pharmCAS is probably around 3.1-3.3ish.

Once I finish my BS in Molecular and Cellular Biology I am hoping to be at a 3.3. I have taken the PCAT before but didn't do to well. (Under 50%tile) I am very horrible at standardized exams. I was thinking if I were to complete my bachelors in science and apply to LECOM early, would I be able to get an interview if the PCAT was waived and everything else was ok? I will have my bachelors completed in the Spring of 2013.

Please give any ideas or advice!

Sapu2007

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I am 23 years old and took some time off to work and get some things figured out with my personal life. My number once choice is Erie PA - LECOM. I have had a friend there and said the school was great.

I am a senior finishing off my bachelors degree and was really active in pharmacy organizations. I have about 2 years of a pharmacy technician job experience. My GPA for pharmCAS is probably around 3.1-3.3ish.

Once I finish my BS in Molecular and Cellular Biology I am hoping to be at a 3.3. I have taken the PCAT before but didn't do to well. (Under 50%tile) I am very horrible at standardized exams. I was thinking if I were to complete my bachelors in science and apply to LECOM early, would I be able to get an interview if the PCAT was waived and everything else was ok? I will have my bachelors completed in the Spring of 2013.

Please give any ideas or advice!

Sapu2007

Tell you frankly, once they interview you, and you be confident, and speak back clearly and clear everything out, then you are guranteed admission. 3.3 is a very good GPA, and if you have a bachelors they will waive your pcat, but you can tell them you did under 50%, they dont care, its either pcat or bs degree? if you have either that and have more than 3.2, you r good to go. but do gr88 on ur interview?