Pharmacy School NYC& NJ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmDNYC

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I am new to studentdoctor.net but I have been visiting as a guest for quite some time. I have a couple questions about Pharmacy Schools in NYC....I did as much research as possible on my own but would like to hear from people who have experienced it 1st hand....:)

LIU-I called the school a couple of times and was told that last year they had 2000 transfer applicants and 5 seats available. My pre-pharmacy advisor also received an email from them the previous year and was told they had 3000 transfer applicants and they only had 40 seats available.

St.Johns-I know of alot of students who enter this school from high school and drop out due to many different factors (pressure, finances, etc) and yet every year their website says that they are not accepting transfers.

Touro-I've been checking their website constantly and it seems as though the pre-candidate status is on hold even though they are supposed to be accepting their 1st class in 2008...does anyone have any additional information??

Rutgers-Out of all the schools I got the fastest & most pleasant response from more than one professor @ RU as far as admissions and transfer students. Has anyone been accepted here? What was the process like?

Has anyone applied to any of these schools as a transfer or do you know of anyone who has been successful getting in...stats..gpa etc.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard any success stories from any of those schools.

I, too, am applying to LIU and Touro for Fall 2008.

Both schools have not opened their application process yet, it's making me anxious.

Where else are you going to apply to?

LIU-no transfer students and ppl who go there told me the program sucks...:(

Rutgers- no transfers unless u have a 4.0 99pcat and NJ resident:(

St. Johns- no transfer students:(

Touro-doesnt even have pre-canadate status yet..and i have been checking them since last year..and it doesnt look any different i dont think ill apply there...doesnt seem like they are on top of things...:(

i dont know anyone who got in as a transfer into these schools...alot of my friends go to these schools and they went right after high school

Members don't see this ad :)
Why does the LIU program suck?

I am from SJU. Although the site says that there are no transfers, you can get accepted as a freshman. The only problem is that you have to do 6 years instead of 4. However, getting into the program is highly competitive (in my year, they rejected a guy with a zoology degree from NYU with a 4.0 gpa). To apply, not only should you have a good GPA but also experience in the field. (I got a few transfers in my class that used to be drug reps, etc).

LIU sucks because of its bureaucracy. I heard many realistic stories from my friends who are trying to get in about how the staff is so unprofessional and out of touch. Their campus is sour to the eyes. That being said, I worked with many great pharmacists and co workers from LIU.

Why does the LIU program suck?
im not sure exactly...but it was along the lines of they only care for money...unorganized..rude..etc.etc.