Pharmacy School or Dental School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pharmacy school or dental school


  • Total voters
    2
Status
Not open for further replies.

happy_6523

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have shallowed a dentist and a pharmacist, but I still can’t decide which one I like more. Both professions have something that I like and I don’t like.

I have listed out the things I like/don’t like or good/not good at both professions.


Dental school

Good:
  • I love microbiology, physiology and anatomy
  • Good future (high paying, can find a job)
  • High status
  • Provide treatments (more fulfilling because you are making people better rather than doing checking and making recommendations as a pharmacist)
  • Work with hands (less boring)
Bad:
  • No feeling to teeth (I won’t get excited whenever I see a real or a picture of tooth)
  • Not good at doing business
  • Not good at talking to people (I can talk to people and explain treatment, but I’m not good at doing small talks)
  • High tuition (75k)
  • May need to deal with patients with gross teeth or bad breath

Pharmacy school

Good:
  • I love chemistry and physiology
  • Get excited whenever I see drugs (I don’t know why, probably they look like candies?)
  • I love drugs because it’s amazing and help treating people
  • Have a deep knowledge in this field. Since I’m a pharmaceutical sciences major, I took some pharmacy classes and attended pharmacy conference. I know pharmacy issues eg. automation, saturation, etc.
  • Relatively less expensive tuition (40k)
  • Not need to own a business
  • Many different pharmacy fields
  • I know a lot of pharmacy students (connections)
Bad:
  • Job saturation
  • Less recognized as dentists
  • Salary doesn’t increase much after working for many years
  • Not good at memorizing drug names (I can remember medical terms easily, but not drug names)
  • Have to stand for all day
 
Status
Not open for further replies.