Pharmacy School Tiers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

samuraix

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, which pharmacy schools rank your applications in tiers according to the day you submitted the application? I know UOP does, but do all the private schools do tiers? I know public schools don't. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, which pharmacy schools rank your applications in tiers according to the day you submitted the application? I know UOP does, but do all the private schools do tiers? I know public schools don't. Thanks.

Not all private schools have a rolling admissions process, and within the ones that DO have rolling admissions, not all of them employ a strict tier system like UoP does. USC, however, also has a first-come first-served type of 'tier' system, but doesn't advertise the dates like UoP does.

Please do not take my statements as definitive on this issue, but with the execption of those programs with advertised "early consideration" dates, there is no advantage for the institution to tier applications by sumbission date. Particularly the problem in doing so is managing the data flow.

And, the real value in terms of dating would be "completion date" of the application, not submission date. A complete application (all required materials on hand with the institution) is what really matters.

Generally, the old adage "the early bird gets the worm" applies in this context. The earlier the application is complete, the more opportunity the applicant has to be in front of the admissions committee for consideration for an interview.

Eric H. Hobson, Ph.D.
Associate Dean
Belmont USOP