Pharmacy School timings/schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Potential123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just curious since I am pre-pharm student. What are the timings/schedules in a week? It would be much appreciated if someone could give me a day by day analysis of what their schedule is and what times they go to class and get out.

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I would imagine it depends on where you go. Fall P1 I had to go to class at 7:30 in the morning 3 days a week, and basically had class until 3. Monday and Friday I only had class from 10:30 to 12:30.

Spring I had class from 12:30 to 4:30 MWF. Tuesday 8:30 to 4:15, Thursday 11:30 to 4:15. I know I had some breaks in there somewhere, but don't remember exactly.

This semester's really nice. MF 8:30 to 10:30. TH 11:30 to 1:30. W 8:30 to 1:30.

Ahh not bad! I was reading about people saying its vital to intern during pharmacy school. I thought it wouldn't be possible because I thought there 6-7 hours of class everyday. Thanks for giving me an idea!

Members don't see this ad :)
Monday - Friday 9AM-4PM with one hour for lunch at noon each day = 30 hours a week

31 hours including 1 hour for lunch on non exam weeks M,W,TH 9-4, T,F 10-3
35 hours on exam weeks when T,F hours increased to 8-3

We usually go about 21 hours a week. This semester only 17 though.

How are some of you going 30 hours a week? I thought credit hours corresponded to class time pretty well with the exception of labs.

We usually go about 21 hours a week. This semester only 17 though.

How are some of you going 30 hours a week? I thought credit hours corresponded to class time pretty well with the exception of labs.

Yeah I thought the same, I do 30 hours a week because my school finds it necessary to make almost 1 credit from each course be considered lab. Therefore 18 credit hours ends up being 30 hours.

Our school just received full accred status and shall we say during the lead up they seemed to thrive on extra busy work just to make everyone crazy....the hours I listed don't even include the occasional mandatory Friday afternoon workshops which would go from 3-5

so on a particularly crappy week we would have a Friday that began at 8:00AM with an exam...classes would commence at 10:00 go to noon for an hour lunch, then start again at 1:00 till 3:00, then the workshop from 3-5....sounds like fun huh? Then you get to fight Friday rush hour traffic home....oh joy