Pharmacy School without BS.. is it possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deniz_serifoglu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

right now I'm a student at community college and I will be finished all GE class by this semester and also math and physics classes. I am planning to apply in 2017 in CA let say all cali pharmacy school. Btw I'm in San Diego and I hope to get in Western University ( Pomona ). So my question is, is it possible to get acceptance without BS ? does anyone here did it? what things should I do to get in, like volunteering or whatever thing? Right now I'm a volunteer at UCSD Health System in pharmacy and also a pharmacy tech at Walgreen.

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I read the title as, "Pharmacy school without bull****....is it possible?"

I was ready to answer with a stern and resounding, "No."

Reactions: 3 users
yeah!!!! I went to a community college got my pre-reqs done and applied.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello everyone,

right now I'm a student at community college and I will be finished all GE class by this semester and also math and physics classes. I am planning to apply in 2017 in CA let say all cali pharmacy school. Btw I'm in San Diego and I hope to get in Western University ( Pomona ). So my question is, is it possible to get acceptance without BS ? does anyone here did it? what things should I do to get in, like volunteering or whatever thing? Right now I'm a volunteer at UCSD Health System in pharmacy and also a pharmacy tech at Walgreen.

Thanks in advance
CA schools are very very competitive, there are however, a lot of new candidate schools which seem to be less competitive (As of now...), but Western states that a bachelor's is recommended (not required)
You should apply to UCSD ;) since you're from SD :)

Yes, it is possible! That is what I am doing

That's exactly what I'm doing as well. Changed my path after working with an amazing pharmacist who only did her 3yr prereqs and got into UofA. I was planning to get a bachelor's but I'm not getting any younger.

Yes it's possible. I'm 22 y/o and just finished my pre reqs at CC. Now I'm starting at Midwestern AZ in June

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile[/url

Remember possible does not mean probable. I would apply also to schools out of state.

Remember possible does not mean probable. I would apply also to schools out of state.
It's probable - in fact, almost guaranteed as schools will take just about anyone willing to hand over $200k+ in tuition. However, probable does not mean it's a good idea.

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile