Pharmacy School without BS.. is it possible?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

deniz_serifoglu

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

right now I'm a student at community college and I will be finished all GE class by this semester and also math and physics classes. I am planning to apply in 2017 in CA let say all cali pharmacy school. Btw I'm in San Diego and I hope to get in Western University ( Pomona ). So my question is, is it possible to get acceptance without BS ? does anyone here did it? what things should I do to get in, like volunteering or whatever thing? Right now I'm a volunteer at UCSD Health System in pharmacy and also a pharmacy tech at Walgreen.

Thanks in advance
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

right now I'm a student at community college and I will be finished all GE class by this semester and also math and physics classes. I am planning to apply in 2017 in CA let say all cali pharmacy school. Btw I'm in San Diego and I hope to get in Western University ( Pomona ). So my question is, is it possible to get acceptance without BS ? does anyone here did it? what things should I do to get in, like volunteering or whatever thing? Right now I'm a volunteer at UCSD Health System in pharmacy and also a pharmacy tech at Walgreen.

Thanks in advance
CA schools are very very competitive, there are however, a lot of new candidate schools which seem to be less competitive (As of now...), but Western states that a bachelor's is recommended (not required)
You should apply to UCSD 😉 since you're from SD 🙂
 
That's exactly what I'm doing as well. Changed my path after working with an amazing pharmacist who only did her 3yr prereqs and got into UofA. I was planning to get a bachelor's but I'm not getting any younger.