pharmacy schools 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mica45

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm pre-med but I'm thinking about applying to pharmacy school as well. I haven't taken the Pcat and I am not planning to take it. I live in Michigan but I want to apply to pharmacy schools in California. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm getting my bachelor in psychology and I'll graduate in winter 2021. Do you guys have any advice? which schools in California accepts out of state applicant? I'm not really familiar with the process.

thank you in advance,

Members don't see this ad.

Do not apply to pharmacy school. You will end up with $200k+ in loans and have a hard time finding a job. The job market is terrible and continues to get worse by the year.

There are other professions, i.e. computer programming, finance, accounting, engineering, etc. that pay well, offer far better job prospects, give you a better work-life balance, and most importantly do not require you to take out $200k+ in loans and spend an additional 4 years of your life in school.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi everyone,
I'm pre-med but I'm thinking about applying to pharmacy school as well. I haven't taken the Pcat and I am not planning to take it. I live in Michigan but I want to apply to pharmacy schools in California. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm getting my bachelor in psychology and I'll graduate in winter 2021. Do you guys have any advice? which schools in California accepts out of state applicant? I'm not really familiar with the process.

thank you in advance,
Why not apply to medical school?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to apply for both. Pharmacy was my plan B but I changed my mind. I'm not applying anymore.
Bad plan B, however it's good to hear that you are no longer applying to Pharmacy school.

Reactions: 1 user