Jun 24, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi everyone,
I'm pre-med but I'm thinking about applying to pharmacy school as well. I haven't taken the Pcat and I am not planning to take it. I live in Michigan but I want to apply to pharmacy schools in California. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm getting my bachelor in psychology and I'll graduate in winter 2021. Do you guys have any advice? which schools in California accepts out of state applicant? I'm not really familiar with the process.

thank you in advance,

PharmtoCS

7+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2011
Do not apply to pharmacy school. You will end up with $200k+ in loans and have a hard time finding a job. The job market is terrible and continues to get worse by the year.

There are other professions, i.e. computer programming, finance, accounting, engineering, etc. that pay well, offer far better job prospects, give you a better work-life balance, and most importantly do not require you to take out $200k+ in loans and spend an additional 4 years of your life in school.

Reactions: 1 users

zNoodlez

Handmade Noodle
Feb 19, 2020
Chinatown - Narnia
Status
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi everyone,
I'm pre-med but I'm thinking about applying to pharmacy school as well. I haven't taken the Pcat and I am not planning to take it. I live in Michigan but I want to apply to pharmacy schools in California. I have a 4.0 GPA and I'm getting my bachelor in psychology and I'll graduate in winter 2021. Do you guys have any advice? which schools in California accepts out of state applicant? I'm not really familiar with the process.

thank you in advance,
Why not apply to medical school?

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads