Pharmacy Schools' Acceptance on Foreign Coursework

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ApplyPharmD520

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I'm currently applying for pharmacy school c/o 2019. I'm a U.S. citizen, however, I grew up in another country. I majored pharmacy there but I transferred back to U.S. to continue college at my junior year. My current university accepted part of my credits from my previous university such as general chemistry 1&2, physics1, calculus. Besides those credits, I basically retook most of my pre-requisites in U.S and will be receiving my B.S. bachelor soon. My question is some school stated that "if you have completed your course prerequisites at a foreign institution, you may be ineligible for admission." I did not realize this would be a big problem at first because my current university told me that as long as those credits were accepted by them they will be no problem, but it seemed that doesn't mean my current university accept my foreign credits other pharmacy schools will accept them. I had my previous WES evaluated coursework send to PharmCAS in the early admission cycle. I was wondering the fact that part of my pre-requisites were taken in a foreign institution would really exempt me from being accepted by pharmacy schools or not. I got 95% PCAT on chem and math, and I feel like even though I did not take these classes in U.S. I still understand the materials well. Anyone in the same situation? I would be glad if some one could provide me an answer! Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.