Pharmacy schools advertising on TV

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BavarianMWE46

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Some people in the NY area said D'Youville is now airing TV commercials trying to recruit people to the pharmacy school. Get your Doctor of Pharmacy now, pharmacist make over $100K and there is a shortage, just call 1-800... Minimum GPA of 2.5, no minimum PCAT.

Does anyone have a link to this commercial? I would love to see it.

Members don't see this ad.

Some people in the NY area said D'Youville is now airing TV commercials trying to recruit people to the pharmacy school. Get your Doctor of Pharmacy now, pharmacist make over $100K and there is a shortage, just call 1-800... Minimum GPA of 2.5, no minimum PCAT.

that is disgracing the entire profession....really 2.5...you are going to adverse like that.

That is absolutely ridiculous...I'm kinda pissed now :mad:

As if people didn't already think pharmacists were dime-a-dozen degrees, now they need a freaking commercial to advertise a school?!??! Especially one that boasts only a 2.5 GPA requirement!??!??

Members don't see this ad :)
You're over-exaggerating it, but it's still lame yeah. I couldnt find their pharmacy one in particular, but I can only guess its on par with their other commercials found here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/dyouvillecollege

Quite comical. "D'youville offers the most complete occupational and physical therapy programs in the whole United States" - thats why they arent even ranked in the top 25. Also, throw in humorous unvalidated slogans like 'international reputation' and cheesy buzzwords like 'educating for life' and i'm even more convinced this is college is a joke.

Shortage? I work in a hospital in Detroit suburb. We have one open full-time staff pharmacist position, and my manager told me they had 9 applications for it.

Haha .....reminds me of the commercial I heard on the radio yesterday in my car for Ross medical school in the carribean.....talking about having one of the most ''technologically advanced classrooms in the world'' , and having a ''100% immediate residency placement rate at the most renowned U.S medical facilities" ....."....come to our information session here in DC...."" ...

All I could do was chuckle....

Cardinal signs of a mill-type school....:p