Pharmacy schools and bio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharma1989

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
so long story short, I am a pre-pharm student from San Diego,CA. I am aiming to get into any pharmacy school in California. I transferred from community college this year to UCSD. I did great on community college. I received all As on physics,math,general chemistry, and english. This was my first quarter at UCSD and I received B+ on cellular bio and evolutionary bio. Do you think that pharmacy schools would still consider me since I have received Bs on two bio classes? and would they take the grades I received in community college into consideration?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't know.. I hear that pharmacy schools frown greatly on B's. I would retake any class which you got a B in and get an A.
 
Hi everyone,
so long story short, I am a pre-pharm student from San Diego,CA. I am aiming to get into any pharmacy school in California. I transferred from community college this year to UCSD. I did great on community college. I received all As on physics,math,general chemistry, and english. This was my first quarter at UCSD and I received B+ on cellular bio and evolutionary bio. Do you think that pharmacy schools would still consider me since I have received Bs on two bio classes? and would they take the grades I received in community college into consideration?
A few Bs won't bite and even a couple Cs. Don't worry. Plus consider applying out of state since Cali schools are so expensive.
 
I decided not to apply to pharmacy schools because of the B+ I got in biology. 👎

Can you go more in depth? A B+ in one course, no matter what it is, will not bar you from any pharmacy school. You can get mostly B's and still get into a lot of pharmacy schools. I would bet that most people in pharmacy school did not have a 4.0 pre-pharmacy GPA, so I really think you should reconsider this decision and follow through with applying if you still have time. It doesn't hurt to try!
 
Can you go more in depth? A B+ in one course, no matter what it is, will not bar you from any pharmacy school. You can get mostly B's and still get into a lot of pharmacy schools. I would bet that most people in pharmacy school did not have a 4.0 pre-pharmacy GPA, so I really think you should reconsider this decision and follow through with applying if you still have time. It doesn't hurt to try!

Sorry lol I was being facetious. I totally agree with you! 🙂