Pharmacy Schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2kind

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, so I have two more semesters to finish my pre requisites! Should I start applying to schools now? If so what are some good schools to go to that aren't so expensive?? And when is a good time to take the PCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

If you want to go to Pharmacy school in Fall 2017 apply now. Take the PCAT ASAP if so. You can sign up late for the september testing period (~$250) or wait until October testing period which would be ~$210. Take it as soon as possible and apply as soon as possible if you want to go to Pharmacy school next fall.
I'm not sure about the cheapest top schools. It depends on where you live. For example, University of Kentucky is cheapest for me since I live in KY. It's around 20K vs. 40K out of state and it's one of the top 6 schools.

Reactions: 1 user
If you want to go to Pharmacy school in Fall 2017 apply now. Take the PCAT ASAP if so. You can sign up late for the september testing period (~$250) or wait until October testing period which would be ~$210. Take it as soon as possible and apply as soon as possible if you want to go to Pharmacy school next fall.
I'm not sure about the cheapest top schools. It depends on where you live. For example, University of Kentucky is cheapest for me since I live in KY. It's around 20K vs. 40K out of state and it's one of the top 6 schools.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello guys, I am almost done taking my pre-reqs. But I have two C- in two of the pre-req classes. Most of the pharmacy schools allow a minimum of C at each pre-req course. Should I still apply to pharm school? I wanted to retake those 2 courses but I don't have enough time to do so for fall 2017 admission.

Hello guys, I am almost done taking my pre-reqs. But I have two C- in two of the pre-req classes. Most of the pharmacy schools allow a minimum of C at each pre-req course. Should I still apply to pharm school? I wanted to retake those 2 courses but I don't have enough time to do so for fall 2017 admission.
retake them and reapply in 2018

I'd still apply. I got a C- in Calculus, withdrew Ochem I and failed gen chem II (but retook the classes and got a B in both) and I was still accepted at University of Kentucky COP. Just make sure your PCAT is high enough to make up for your GPA if it's below 3.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd still apply. I got a C- in Calculus, withdrew Ochem I and failed gen chem II (but retook the classes and got a B in both) and I was still accepted at University of Kentucky COP. Just make sure your PCAT is high enough to make up for your GPA if it's below 3.
Thank you for your reply. I will definitely apply but do you think I should apply those schools that require a minimum of C at pre-req courses? I live in NY and all new york state schools require a C.

Thank you for your reply. I will definitely apply but do you think I should apply those schools that require a minimum of C at pre-req courses? I live in NY and all new york state schools require a C.
Yes, I think all Pharmacy schools require a C or higher, but I'm not 100% sure on this.