pharmacy schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sirus100

Let's get it done!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, Ive been reading that some pharmacy programs are more clinical and some lean more to the retail side. Do you know which school is more retail based :rolleyes: . What is midwestern CPG program mostly lean to? And on a seperate note did anyone watch the UFC this past weekend?:D Randy Couture you da man!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

I've heard LECOM is more retail, but i'm not totally sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Schools with 4-year programs seem to me more clinical oriented. MCP or USN is definitely for retail pharmacists. Just double check with the schools (websites, phonecalls) before you decide. Mercer, OSU or UH is probably clinically-oriented. Besides, if oyu want to go into clinical practice, you need to have residency anyway afterwards.

Hey, Ive been reading that some pharmacy programs are more clinical and some lean more to the retail side. Do you know which school is more retail based :rolleyes: . What is midwestern CPG program mostly lean to? And on a seperate note did anyone watch the UFC this past weekend?:D Randy Couture you da man!:thumbup:

I think (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) that schools have to show their curriculum to AACP (accrediting organization) and prove that they meet AACP's educational outcomes if the school wants to hold on to their accreditation. Schools may have different approaches to teaching the material, but the outcome is supposed to be the same. We get those outcomes shoved at us all the time - especially at finals.

www.aacp.org

These days...all schools focus more on the clinical roles of pharmacists. You will learn clinical skills at any school you decide to attend.

I don't remember exactly where but I think it was the alumni page for Oregon State they posted survey results for where their graduates go. If I recall it was about 50% retail, 23% research, 25% hospital. The numbers are rough, and I may not remember them exactly but these should be close. I'm not sure if most schools keep track, but I'm sure several would.
I'll try to find the page a gain and post it.

Thanks fo the info :thumbup: Now how about the UFC, any fans out there?:laugh: