Pharmacy Schools

Started by pharm30
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm30

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys i wanted to know of pharmacy colleges that people have applied to that got it with a low 3.1 GPA...out of state NY or anywhere else... where people have gotten accepted to pharmacy schools with low grades? Im not doing well in orgo right now either.......do u think theres a chance i can get in.. to a school that accepts low gpa and low scores anywhere? and which colleges??😕😕😕
 
I'm pretty sure there is no school that looks in particular for candidates with low GPAs 🙂

A 3.1 is below the average, but it isn't horrible. I think to increase your chances definitely raise it up as best you can.

Secondly, here's what I did in finding schools for below average GPAs. Go on PharmCAS, go to the School Directory, then hold down the Control key and click on every school that you can find. You'll have tons of tabs open but each link will give you the average GPA of admitted students according to PharmCAS. Most are up around 3.4-3.5, but some are closer to you.

Good luck and get that o-chem grade up!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys i wanted to know of pharmacy colleges that people have applied to that got it with a low 3.1 GPA...out of state NY or anywhere else... where people have gotten accepted to pharmacy schools with low grades? Im not doing well in orgo right now either.......do u think theres a chance i can get in.. to a school that accepts low gpa and low scores anywhere? and which colleges??😕😕😕

I should also add your application is like a balance. If you are weak in one area, you must excel in other areas. In my situation, my extracurriculars are outstanding and my GPA and pcat are average.

I first chose schools whos pre-requisites I satisfied and came up with 41 schools. Then I narrowed it down by average gpa of accepted first year students. I chose schools whos average was 3.4 and below. I ended up applying to 14 schools. Interviewed at 4 and was invited to interview at 4 more, but declined them since I had been accepted to at least one accredited school.

Keep in mind those schools that accept students with lower GPAs tend to be private and not yet accredited. Let me know if you have any other questions, Ill be glad to help! Good luck!
 
I should also add your application is like a balance. If you are weak in one area, you must excel in other areas. In my situation, my extracurriculars are outstanding and my GPA and pcat are average.

I first chose schools whos pre-requisites I satisfied and came up with 41 schools. Then I narrowed it down by average gpa of accepted first year students. I chose schools whos average was 3.4 and below. I ended up applying to 14 schools. Interviewed at 4 and was invited to interview at 4 more, but declined them since I had been accepted to at least one accredited school.

Keep in mind those schools that accept students with lower GPAs tend to be private and not yet accredited. Let me know if you have any other questions, Ill be glad to help! Good luck!

Good advice here...
 
don't lose hope! you've still got a lot of time to work on your stats! if it makes you feel any better...i have a 3.2 overall and 3.1 science gpa, 60 pcat (yes, really low), and a good (but not AWESOME) interview after applying early decision to VCU and I got in! I had applied to about 10 schools 2 years ago as a sophomore in college with most prereqs done, and received 1 interview but bombed it (at Drake). So I guess just work hard until you get that degree, and hopefully you'll be ok. I got a B and C in ochem!
 
I should also add your application is like a balance. If you are weak in one area, you must excel in other areas. In my situation, my extracurriculars are outstanding and my GPA and pcat are average.

I first chose schools whos pre-requisites I satisfied and came up with 41 schools. Then I narrowed it down by average gpa of accepted first year students. I chose schools whos average was 3.4 and below. I ended up applying to 14 schools. Interviewed at 4 and was invited to interview at 4 more, but declined them since I had been accepted to at least one accredited school.

Keep in mind those schools that accept students with lower GPAs tend to be private and not yet accredited. Let me know if you have any other questions, Ill be glad to help! Good luck!

+2...👍😉