Pharmacy students and working????????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JOE THE PHARMER

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have two classes left with my undergraduate studies and I will then apply to attend Pharmacy School at Samford University. My question to you PHARMACISTS is what kind of employment did you obtain while in Pharmacy school? Did you have a general labor job? Did you use your Bachelor of Science degree to obtain a good job?or did you even work at all and how hard was it to work and stay focused on school and work?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you want to hear from pharmacists who have graduated and working in the field, you should post in a different location. This is a pre-pharmacy forum.

I generally only work on Saturdays 10AM-6PM and then Sunday nights 7PM-11PM.

Honestly, if I was rich enough, I just wouldn't work at all but I have car payments and gas payments(thankfully is cheap now, so don't have to ask parents for gas money anymore like I was doing in June/July).

Most of the kids I know with high GPAs don't work.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have two classes left with my undergraduate studies and I will then apply to attend Pharmacy School at Samford University. My question to you PHARMACISTS is what kind of employment did you obtain while in Pharmacy school? Did you have a general labor job? Did you use your Bachelor of Science degree to obtain a good job?or did you even work at all and how hard was it to work and stay focused on school and work?

Any response would be greatly appreciated!:xf:

There are certainly students who use their prior positions to work while in pharmacy school (especially if it's something that pays pretty well, like they were a nurse before), but the vast majority who do work will be in a pharmacy, either retail or hospital. I HIGHLY recommend that you do so - it will help you with your course work, and will help you decide if you like or hate that particular practice setting, so you can make a better informed decision about what you want to do while you are still in pharmacy school. This will possibly give you the ability to tailor your elective classes, organization participation, research work if you do any, etc. towards what your ultimate practice setting goal is.

Well depends on employer but a good job is being a pharm intern. They know you go to pharm school and pay decent at the same time.