Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Pharmacy Tech. Certification

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by Determined27, Jun 20, 2008.

1. Determined27

Determined27 Pre-Pharmacy
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    So, I do not have experience in any type of pharmacy. I'm trying really hard to get one though. My question is..how can I get certified as a pharmacy tech. Is there classes I have to take? I'm currently in Georgia. Where can I take the exam after I have studied the material? Thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. lychee719

lychee719 Accepted Pharmacy Student
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    You can get a study manual for the PTCE and sign up for the test on the website. You just need a 650/900 to pass. Also, there should be lots of classes for it if you search online. However, if you are good at self-study, you should be fine with the book.
    Good luck!

4. phuang06

phuang06 VCU - Class of 2013
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Self-study honestly isn't that difficult, especially for a test that is geared towards high school graduates. You should be fine if you study for 2-4 weeks depending on how well you study. I studied like 2-3 weeks and got a 771 by focusing on the calculations and abbreviations and some laws.

5. NIV

NIV Maryland 2012!
    2+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    I took the test after studying in the car ride there. If you understand the math and conversions then the test is passable. I paid $149 for the test, but if you can find work at a pharmacy you can get the company to pay for it and they might also give you study materials. Don't take the classes at the community colleges, they do help but it's not worth $1000 like it is here in Maryland. After you're done studying for it you can go to the PTCB website and register. Hope that helps.

https://www.ptcb.org//AM/Template.cfm?Section=Home1