pharmacy tech exam questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
P

pharMchiCK

hey there... has anyone takin the PTCB RECENTLY???

just wanted to know, are there questions asking about the dosage forms and strengths of the drugs?...like its usual dosages and availability?

because the book i'm studying from, it has that info, and i was wondering are we suppose to study that in depth when it comes to EACH drug.

basically, how in depth are we suppose to know each individual drug?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not that in depth, really. The book I looked at to review had very specific drug information, but it turned out to be pretty much unnecessary from what I remember. I think it tested on usual dosages more than dosage forms.

I wouldn't memorize everything, but just get the general idea maybe...

pharMchiCK said:
hey there... has anyone takin the PTCB RECENTLY???

just wanted to know, are there questions asking about the dosage forms and strengths of the drugs?...like its usual dosages and availability?

because the book i'm studying from, it has that info, and i was wondering are we suppose to study that in depth when it comes to EACH drug.

basically, how in depth are we suppose to know each individual drug?

thanks!

pharmchick-when are you taking the ptcb? i just registered to take it in november at los angeles. i think im going to start studying for it after i take the pcat in oct.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey there.. yeah.. i'm takin it in november too... but the book i'm using has all these SPECIFIC detail that I'm sure i won't remember all of them.

I just took the test in July and passed. I used the PTCE Review book by Patricia Anthony and found it pretty useful. The math is almost exactly like what is on the test. However, all the pharmacology sections are WAY too detailed. Just know basics like popular brand to generic names, sigs, and some popular drug actions (ex: names ending in ?pril? are ACE inhibitors). Bottom line, learn the math. It is mostly very basic proportions and algebra which is a lot easier to do than learn a bunch of drug info that only comes with time and experience. If you know you have the math down you won?t have to worry so much about getting everything else right.