Pharmacy tech exam sample test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lesept2

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my first sample test out of 100 questions for pharm tech test. I got 60 questions right, and 40 wrong obviously. I noticed that im pretty solid in math solving problems. Some of the mistakes involved drug names and classifications as well as rules, law, etc. I was wandering if such result would be considering passing or passing as in 650 points on the real exam. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just took my first sample test out of 100 questions for pharm tech test. I got 60 questions right, and 40 wrong obviously. I noticed that im pretty solid in math solving problems. Some of the mistakes involved drug names and classifications as well as rules, law, etc. I was wandering if such result would be considering passing or passing as in 650 points on the real exam. Thanks

Impossible to say really.

Study where you're weak and improve.

i can't answer your question, but i can at least say that i took the ptcb last month and passed. i can confidently say i answered all the math questions correctly...i didn't study drug names/classifications at all but i studied laws/regulations. math problems constituted over half of all the questions...

i was very afraid i wouldn't pass b/c i guessed on all the questions that asked me about drug names.

some questions were unusual in the way they required information that i probably could never find in my study materials, but there were very few of these

Members don't see this ad :)
The only way to pass the PTCE is to know your calculations, and have a pretty decent knowledge of drug classes, and brand/generics. A brief review of Pharmacy Law and Policies will be sufficient depending on your study habits. I took the exam a while ago and scored 890.

Did you find the sample test online?

On average, how long should one expect to study from scratch to pass the PTCE? 5 hours each day for a week?