Pharmacy Tech Job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shaun786

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I spoke to a Pharmacy Manager at a local Wal-Greens a week ago and he asked me a few questions about how many hours I wanted to work and then told me he would let me know in a week about the job because they have a need for pharmacy techs. Well, it has been a week and i received no call, should I go back and talk to the pharmacy manager? Should I move on to another Pharmacy Tech venture?

Members don't see this ad.

go back ask him, while applying for more walgreens/CVSs, you are very lucky if you can get a tech job by applying one store.
I applied 20+ stores.

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent my applicaition to the CVS Learning Center in the district I wanted to work and then called the recruiter to them him I sent an application over. He reviewed, called me in for an interview...and blah blah blah. From there the Pharmacy supervisor send you to a CVS that needs technicians. Doing it this way really saves the hassle of apply to mutiple places. So if you can, try to contact a Learning Center.

Shaun...Do you live in a large metropolitan area? If so, try another Walgreens or the district office (if there is one). Also, I wouldn't worry so much about not receiving a call back. I work at a Walgreens that does around 700 scripts daily, and our pharmacy manager is always running around with his head on fire. Try calling again, he just may be busy. I live in St. Louis and only called/interviewed with one store; however, I have heard that it is difficult getting into Walgreens in a small community.