Pharmacy Tech @ Kroger

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AStudentDoctor

Mind Grenade
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just had an interview at my local Kroger and heard some great information:

Start out at LEAST $7.05/hr (min wage goes up to $7.25 in a month here)
Since I have 8 months prior Pharmacy experience I may get an instant pay raise (~$8/hr).
They will pay for me to take the CPhT exam, and give me an immediate $.75 raise with a pass and $1 added raise within 1 year.
There are bi-monthly (or closely similar) pay raises (techs are unionized here)
They'll allow me to work in the store (bagging, stocking, etc) for my Pharmacy Tech pay to get as many hours as I need if not getting enough hours in Pharmacy.

So, I figure if I work for them in undergrad and then intern with them I'll be doing really well.

I just added it up, thats like ~$9/hr if I get certified and ~$10.5+ after a year of working.

I could only imagine what I'd make interning with Kroger after 2 years of experience and pay raises.

Sounds awesome, haha.

Anyone had any experience with Kroger that are getting (what sounds to be) a solid deal?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
They'll allow me to work in the store (bagging, stocking, etc) for my Pharmacy Tech pay to get as many hours as I need if not getting enough hours in Pharmacy.
I absolutely WOULD NOT do this unless you absolutely have to. Once you start doing this, they will be asking you to do those jobs instead of your shifts in the pharmacy if they need someone to cover bagging/stocking/etc. Pretty soon you'll be doing this constantly and pharmacy every now and then.

Just some words of wisdom from someone who has seen this happen many, many times.

I absolutely WOULD NOT do this unless you absolutely have to. Once you start doing this, they will be asking you to do those jobs instead of your shifts in the pharmacy if they need someone to cover bagging/stocking/etc. Pretty soon you'll be doing this constantly and pharmacy every now and then.

Just some words of wisdom from someone who has seen this happen many, many times.

They're only offering me 5 hours in the pharmacy until something opens up. Plus, when I transfer to the town where I'll be attending college this Fall I can opt-out of this anything but being a pharmacy tech.