Pharmacy Tech Licensing Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ZeroC0mbine

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just need to add the picture before I finalize the application and send it out. Will any picture on glossy paper that is 2x2 be fine? Or should I go to a place that specialized in passport picture? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I just need to add the picture before I finalize the application and send it out. Will any picture on glossy paper that is 2x2 be fine? Or should I go to a place that specialized in passport picture? Thanks!

I did the passport photo from the Post Office, but I was informed by the CA Board of Pharmacy and other people that any picture will work, so long as it's on photo paper and not horrible.

So a good digital camera + photo glossy will be sufficient!

When I got my tech license, I tried using a picture I took on my digital camera that was supposed to be adequate for passports. Big mistake. Our lovely Board of Pharmacy ended up sending my application back and requesting a new picture, and I spent my first week & a half as tech unable to do anything except unload freight and cashier because I didn't have my license yet.

I don't know if every state is as picky as Oregon's Board of Pharmacy apparently is, but I think paying the $8 to get a passport photo is worth saving yourself the frustration.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I got my tech license, I tried using a picture I took on my digital camera that was supposed to be adequate for passports. Big mistake. Our lovely Board of Pharmacy ended up sending my application back and requesting a new picture, and I spent my first week & a half as tech unable to do anything except unload freight and cashier because I didn't have my license yet.

I don't know if every state is as picky as Oregon's Board of Pharmacy apparently is, but I think paying the $8 to get a passport photo is worth saving yourself the frustration.

Yeah, I was afraid they would do something like that. Thanks for the advices, I went and got it taken as a passport photo the other day.

One last question on the application form. There is a space to indicate if you have a GED or not. Do we check/input anything there? I've already indicated that I am a HS graduate.

Yeah, I was afraid they would do something like that. Thanks for the advices, I went and got it taken as a passport photo the other day.

One last question on the application form. There is a space to indicate if you have a GED or not. Do we check/input anything there? I've already indicated that I am a HS graduate.

I called and asked about this specifically when I did my applicant - Do not check the GED box, as you checked the "Are you a high school graduate?" yes box.

I called and asked about this specifically when I did my applicant - Do not check the GED box, as you checked the "Are you a high school graduate?" yes box.

Thank you! I'm sending it out on Monday :). I'll probably won't hear back until after pharmacy application process though.