Pharmacy Tech Licensing Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZeroC0mbine

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just need to add the picture before I finalize the application and send it out. Will any picture on glossy paper that is 2x2 be fine? Or should I go to a place that specialized in passport picture? Thanks!
 
I just need to add the picture before I finalize the application and send it out. Will any picture on glossy paper that is 2x2 be fine? Or should I go to a place that specialized in passport picture? Thanks!

I did the passport photo from the Post Office, but I was informed by the CA Board of Pharmacy and other people that any picture will work, so long as it's on photo paper and not horrible.

So a good digital camera + photo glossy will be sufficient!
 
When I got my tech license, I tried using a picture I took on my digital camera that was supposed to be adequate for passports. Big mistake. Our lovely Board of Pharmacy ended up sending my application back and requesting a new picture, and I spent my first week & a half as tech unable to do anything except unload freight and cashier because I didn't have my license yet.

I don't know if every state is as picky as Oregon's Board of Pharmacy apparently is, but I think paying the $8 to get a passport photo is worth saving yourself the frustration.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I got my tech license, I tried using a picture I took on my digital camera that was supposed to be adequate for passports. Big mistake. Our lovely Board of Pharmacy ended up sending my application back and requesting a new picture, and I spent my first week & a half as tech unable to do anything except unload freight and cashier because I didn't have my license yet.

I don't know if every state is as picky as Oregon's Board of Pharmacy apparently is, but I think paying the $8 to get a passport photo is worth saving yourself the frustration.

Yeah, I was afraid they would do something like that. Thanks for the advices, I went and got it taken as a passport photo the other day.

One last question on the application form. There is a space to indicate if you have a GED or not. Do we check/input anything there? I've already indicated that I am a HS graduate.
 
Yeah, I was afraid they would do something like that. Thanks for the advices, I went and got it taken as a passport photo the other day.

One last question on the application form. There is a space to indicate if you have a GED or not. Do we check/input anything there? I've already indicated that I am a HS graduate.

I called and asked about this specifically when I did my applicant - Do not check the GED box, as you checked the "Are you a high school graduate?" yes box.
 
I called and asked about this specifically when I did my applicant - Do not check the GED box, as you checked the "Are you a high school graduate?" yes box.

Thank you! I'm sending it out on Monday 🙂. I'll probably won't hear back until after pharmacy application process though.