Pharmacy Tech Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

H7779

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend just got his tech license last week and he is now working part time as a tech in the hospital. He said that the exam is not that hard, the only difficult part is knowing all of the generic names. I am planning on getting my tech license ASAP before they pass the law where you have to go to school to get your license. I have some questions to ask for any pharm tech or pharmacist out there: my friend passed with this book "Pharmacy Technician Exam ISBN-13: 978-1576859346" he said the book was somewhat clear and he passed it on the second time; my question is, is that book any good, is there any other good books besides this one? Also, if I were to use any books, what sections should I really focus on, I know generic names are definitely one of them. Moreover, is there any other important information that I need to know about before I study for the exam?

Thanks for helping me out.

Members don't see this ad.

http://pharmacy-tech-study.com/ has good basic info, just beware that their top 200 drugs list has outdated information regarding CIIs. As of October 6th, anything containing hydrocodone is cII. I have a good book called "Mosby's review for the pharmacy technician certification examination" as well. It comes with a CD with practice tests, and some paper tests as well. if anything, it's overkill.

I would add, I don't see school being a requirement for pharmacy technicians happening anytime in the foreseeable future. There are still states that don't even require licensure for pharmacy technician.