Dec 30, 2013
Hi everyone. I am a new tech at walgreens and I have no experience. I am trying to learn everything as quick as I can but it can be stressful when no one seems like they want to help and you don't want to annoy them. I am scheduled to work by myself in the future and I am stressed that I won't know everything. I would appreciate it so much if someone can help me understand and how to solve third party rejects (when it says adjudication succeeded, CMS notice, NDC mismatch, retrieve by store manually, etc the common TPR) how to submit SDL, if a patient wants a refill what do you look at before processing it (if it says STRD, CL, etc) and other important things I should know as a tech. Also, what do you do differently when you open and close? Any help is very much appreciated!!!

Dec 30, 2013
Have they not put you through any computer training yet? There are lengthy programs that help you solve TPR, process refills, insurance stuff, etc. I haven't been a pharm tech for too long at Walgreens, but I have found the comp programs to be a huge help... or just ask a Sen. Tech. Since you'll be on your own without a lot of experience, just take the high-road and let people know that you're new and to be a little patient as you process their request. Not everyone will enjoy such a remark, but there's not much else you can do if you're on your own with no time to get the computer training in.

OP
R
Dec 30, 2013
No I have not been put on any computer training but wish I have been to learn more. Maybe you can answer one of my questions. What does it mean when a refill says CL? Is it refillable or is that prescription expired? Thank you for your advice.