Pharmacy Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wannabeapharm

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I want to persue the career of pharmacy. I am in the business field now and I would love to become involved in health for various reasons.

I have a Bachelors degree but a terrible overall gpa of 2.71. The local tech college offers a program in Pharmacy Tech. Would I be wasting my time if I persue this option or is it to my best interest to begin pre reqs and HOPE and PRAY I will get into a pharmacy program. I am 23 now and was wondering what I should do. ANY suggestions?

Thanks to all out there!!
 
wannabeapharm,

Just start taking your pharmacy prereqs. It's going to take you 2 years. Fall registration has already started. If you do well in your prepharmacy courses, then that should offset your low GPA. Also, working as a tech may help you decide if pharmacy is for you. Now, stop panicking!
 
Hi wannabeapharm,

Also remember that many people take more than two years to complete their prerequisite courses. I myself am taking three so that I can have every class needed by all of the colleges I hope to apply to. Just take your time, do well, and don't feel rushed. Good luck!
 
Swenis said:
Hi wannabeapharm,

Also remember that since many people take more than two years to complete their prerequisite courses. I myself am taking three so that I can have every class needed by all of the colleges I hope to attend. Just take your time, do well, and don't feel rushed. Good luck!
I already have a BBA degree and therefore some pre reqs were completed like English, Social Sciences etc..I gott a retake PreCal and Cal b/c I got D's in those and I need to take all the science clases except Biology..SO I may need abour 7-10 classes

MY gpa is what is really upsetting me