Pharmacy Tech

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xaq

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I recently applied to for a job as a Pharmacy Technician at a new CVS that is opening up right by my house in a week. I am only a Pre-Pharmacy student but my advisor told me they would still hire me. I don't go to school in the same city as I live, so it would just be a summer thing. I was wondering do I call and ask to talk to the Pharmacist Manager about this? Or do I go into the store like I am dressed for an interview to speak to him in-person? I guess I just am confused on the whole process and I want to guarantee that I can get some work experience this summer. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I recently applied to for a job as a Pharmacy Technician at a new CVS that is opening up right by my house in a week. I am only a Pre-Pharmacy student but my advisor told me they would still hire me. I don't go to school in the same city as I live, so it would just be a summer thing. I was wondering do I call and ask to talk to the Pharmacist Manager about this? Or do I go into the store like I am dressed for an interview to speak to him in-person? I guess I just am confused on the whole process and I want to guarantee that I can get some work experience this summer. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

You should first apply online(this is typical with any retail corporation no matter the job). There should be a place where you would put temporary position, for the summer in your case.

If you don't get a call within a week. I would go in there and ask to speak to the hiring manager. Ask him if they are reviewing applications and perhaps make sure he got yours. He will definitely remember yours when hes reviewing them.

Okay well I did apply online and I checked the temporary position too. Would it be already if I called in first? Its just easier for me cause I don't live at home until the semester ends.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try showing up in person and speaking to the manager, but you probably won't be hired. The training process is just too long and the initial financial investment in training you is not worth the time period you would be able to work there.

Okay well I did apply online and I checked the temporary position too. Would it be already if I called in first? Its just easier for me cause I don't live at home until the semester ends.

Yea you could call in. Although it won't be as valuable as showing your face, its better than nothing. Just tell him you applied and ask the same things as I said in the previous post.

I'm not sure about the regs in WI, but in Texas, even uncertified techs are required to become registered with the SBoP.

From my own personal observations, the most impressive thing you could do to appeal to a potential Pharmacy Manager for hiring is to complete any requirements your SBoP has for techs in training. (That and shift flexibility);)