Pharmacy Technician Cont. Education

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chellebell91987

Full Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone

I have to take continuing education before the end of the year to keep my Virginia Pharmacy Technician Certification. I found a website that is offering continuing ed http://www.rxschool.com/live_ce.cfm. Has anyone used them before especially for continuing ed for VA?

Thanks
 
I'm sorry I can't help. But, I noticed you live in the VA area...so do I. I just started working as a tech for CVS (not certified). I want to take the national exam soon. Was it hard? Please help, thanks!
 
After I passed the exam on Monday the 8th of September, I automatically registered 3 years membership at the NPTA (National Pharmacy Technician Association). They have CE (continuing education) courses and I would suggest you to check it out!! Also, they have a magazine subscription for pharmacy techs included with membership and that gives 2 hours of CE per issue....

http://www.pharmacytechnician.org/
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the state test not the national but it only took me about 15 minutes. I really did not have much on the job training before I took it.
 
I didn't look at the website you have noted.

I have always used www.powerpak.com for my CE requirements. This website offers instant grading and instant certificates for you to print.

I live in Texas and we are required to turn in at least 1 hour of law, which they have as well.

The best part about this site... Its totally FREE!!!