-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pharmacy Technician Exam
Started by talktotoby
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I cannot remember the name of the specific books I used but they were provided by my employer, CVS.
I studied about 30 minutes for the exam on the night before and I did great; but I also had over 5 years pharmacy experience so I knew my stuff pretty well anyway. I can check this weekend on those books, if I still have them I can send them to you for free if you would like?
I studied about 30 minutes for the exam on the night before and I did great; but I also had over 5 years pharmacy experience so I knew my stuff pretty well anyway. I can check this weekend on those books, if I still have them I can send them to you for free if you would like?
Oh, and the passing score is over 650 I believe...and the highest being 900. Correct me if I am wrong guys!
I made a 870 something, I cannot exactly remember. Some of the legal questions are a bit of a pain but as long as you master the calculations you will be golden.
I made a 870 something, I cannot exactly remember. Some of the legal questions are a bit of a pain but as long as you master the calculations you will be golden.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Morton publishing make a PTCB review workbook.
I'd buy that. Just make sure you pay attention to the question breakdown on the PTCB website, so you will know how to prioritize your study time.
Mike
I'd buy that. Just make sure you pay attention to the question breakdown on the PTCB website, so you will know how to prioritize your study time.
Mike
Hm...if you're good with test taking and discern which answer would make sense, you can pass this test. Also, being good with calculations, conversions, and the basic sigs will do too. Honestly, I didn't study and I still passed with a 718 and I didn't have any pharm tech experience either. I bought the Mosby's PTCB book but barely got the chance to study it. I really didn't need it I guess. 🙂
I cannot remember the name of the specific books I used but they were provided by my employer, CVS.
I studied about 30 minutes for the exam on the night before and I did great; but I also had over 5 years pharmacy experience so I knew my stuff pretty well anyway. I can check this weekend on those books, if I still have them I can send them to you for free if you would like?
Could you send the books for me for free . In case, my address is
Tim Tran
3856 Edenwood Drive, San Jose, CA 95121
I really needs those books.
I just took a few hours ago.
On my test:
Very basic stuff about:
-Flow hoods
-Schedule I-V (know the common ones like Codiene/Xanax/Valium)
-Assisting a pharmacist(these should be common sense)
-Know a few Laws. Again, just the basic ones.(HIPAA)
-Know the very common drugs both generic and brand. (Top of my head - Penicillin,Cepha-, Vicodin, Singulair, Norvasc, Anti-hypertensive, etc etc.)
-Know the basic sig codes. (qid, tid, stat, gtt, po, au, ou, q etc)
-Touch up on the section about which drugs require package inserts
-Know the different basic kinds of pharmacy books(Orange, red book etc)
-Know what should be needed on a label of a presciption
-Know basic terminology like hydrophobic, buccal, elmusion, levigation, MSDS etc.
-Know your math. Basically, its probably a good 98% that all of them are proportion/rates. There are some flow rates and I encountered 1 allegation problem.
-Know your conversions from pints-quarts-lbs-ounces.
-Know your DEA forms. Particularly 222 and 106 and when they should be used.
I bought this PTCB exam book :
Also, the author of this book held a seminar at my school. That helped alot.
But with this book, you should pass with flying colors easily. Don't bother buying those thick 36inch exam books. This one is very concise, less then 200 pages with just about everything you need to know, practice tests included. I sound like I'm promoting this book. 😛
Anyways, if your interested in this book, it can be obtained here:
http://www.techprepsolutions.com/
On my test:
Very basic stuff about:
-Flow hoods
-Schedule I-V (know the common ones like Codiene/Xanax/Valium)
-Assisting a pharmacist(these should be common sense)
-Know a few Laws. Again, just the basic ones.(HIPAA)
-Know the very common drugs both generic and brand. (Top of my head - Penicillin,Cepha-, Vicodin, Singulair, Norvasc, Anti-hypertensive, etc etc.)
-Know the basic sig codes. (qid, tid, stat, gtt, po, au, ou, q etc)
-Touch up on the section about which drugs require package inserts
-Know the different basic kinds of pharmacy books(Orange, red book etc)
-Know what should be needed on a label of a presciption
-Know basic terminology like hydrophobic, buccal, elmusion, levigation, MSDS etc.
-Know your math. Basically, its probably a good 98% that all of them are proportion/rates. There are some flow rates and I encountered 1 allegation problem.
-Know your conversions from pints-quarts-lbs-ounces.
-Know your DEA forms. Particularly 222 and 106 and when they should be used.
I bought this PTCB exam book :
Also, the author of this book held a seminar at my school. That helped alot.
But with this book, you should pass with flying colors easily. Don't bother buying those thick 36inch exam books. This one is very concise, less then 200 pages with just about everything you need to know, practice tests included. I sound like I'm promoting this book. 😛
Anyways, if your interested in this book, it can be obtained here:
http://www.techprepsolutions.com/
Could you send the books for me for free . In case, my address is
Tim Tran
3856 Edenwood Drive, San Jose, CA 95121
I really needs those books.
😱
^The one I posted above.
I used the same guide as BullyWorm with limited tech experience.
Well it was in a military hospital and we did things quite different.
I am not going to tell you exactly whats on it but study your calculations and pray because its really hard (j/k about the last part.)
Well it was in a military hospital and we did things quite different.
I am not going to tell you exactly whats on it but study your calculations and pray because its really hard (j/k about the last part.)
Could you send the books for me for free . In case, my address is
Tim Tran
3856 Edenwood Drive, San Jose, CA 95121
I really needs those books.
Haha.. you live really near me. We are practically neighbors.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 2K