Pharmacy Technician Job Comparison in Ohio

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ProfessorXanax

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I currently work as a pharmacy technician at CVS pharmacy in Ohio. I believe my wage-rate is on the low end for pharmacy technicians (especially for being CPhT) and hours worked are also on the low end (on a lucky week, about 30 hours over summer). I was wondering about wage-rates and hours provided at other various pharmacies in Ohio (i.e. Walgreens, Giant Eagle, Marc's, Rite Aid, etc.) and how they compare to CVS. I am starting pharmacy school this Fall and am in desperate need of money and CVS is not providing me with enough opportunities.

My other question is about internships. If hired at the respective location, will an internship potentially be offered to me at the end of my P1 year? Not trying to sound arrogant but I just need to figure some things out fast.
 
A bit of a late reply but i used to work at target and I'm now at cvs, but target paid me $2 more an hour than cvs does.
 
I cannot speak for other companies, but in my case my employer (hospital) offered me an interview since I was their employee. However that's no guarantee you will get the intern position. But if the hospital is in need of technicians, I figure they would be willing to hire a pharmacy student, just not as an intern (yet, or ever). Tread carefully.