Pharmacy technician job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Seventy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am taking my pre requisites to go to pharmacy school. I want to get a pharmacy technician job because I want to see how my future will kind of look like from watching and working with a pharmacist. I applied to all Walgreens, jewel osco, and CVS locations that are around me. I got two interviews at jewel osco and one at Walgreens. I went to all of them and I got accepted to jewel and Walgreens. I have no idea which one too choose. Walgreens is 8 minutes away, pays $11.50 a hour and there's no union fee. Jewel osco is right next to me, pays $10.45 and there's a union fee. But I got the job offer for Walgreens a week before I got accepted to jewel osco so I'm done with all the paper work and drug test. Some people are telling me to work at Walgreens and some at jewel osco. I have no idea which one to choose when I'm not looking at the hourly wage. Does anyone know which place I should work for? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

At this point your main goal of that job is to get experience. Go to the one what is closest to the house, don't think a lot about fee and 1 doll difference. I am volunteering now to get experience for free :). Because I never heard about jewel pack, I recommend Walgreens. The job will be same in any place :). Good luck!

If there is a union odds are you will be paid more. For example I am a Kroger pharmacy tech and union stores max pay is around $18 an hour where as nonunion tend to be closer to $14. It's your choice since depending on how long it will be until you start pharm school (aka become an intern) you may or may not care since interns are in their own special pay bracket.