dpari

In God I Trust
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2004
37
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hello, does anyone know whether or not there are different levels and associated payscales for Pharmacy Technicians positions?

I.E Pharm Tech I, Pharm Tech II, etc...

Thanking you in advance.

-Tavit :thumbup:
 

ndearwater

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2004
585
3
Status
Pharmacist
dpari said:
Hello, does anyone know whether or not there are different levels and associated payscales for Pharmacy Technicians positions?

I.E Pharm Tech I, Pharm Tech II, etc...

Thanking you in advance.

-Tavit :thumbup:
Some retail pharmacies have levels such as Pharmacy Clerk (which is no experience/entry level), then on to Pharmacy Technician (some experience, may or may not be certified), and sometimes a Lead Technician (usually an experienced full timer who is ultimately in charge of inventory, training, scheduling etc.).
Hospitals may have a different hierarchy altogether.
 

dpari

In God I Trust
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 7, 2004
37
0
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
I appreciate the information.... :)


ndearwater said:
Some retail pharmacies have levels such as Pharmacy Clerk (which is no experience/entry level), then on to Pharmacy Technician (some experience, may or may not be certified), and sometimes a Lead Technician (usually an experienced full timer who is ultimately in charge of inventory, training, scheduling etc.).
Hospitals may have a different hierarchy altogether.
 
About the Ads

Aznfarmerboi

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
May 18, 2005
2,101
174
Status
Pharmacist
Wages are not guarantee and varies depending on the company and location. Starting wage can be anywhere from minium wage to \ 12,13 dollars an hour. (You must justify your worth to the company.) For an idea of a pharmacy technician pay rate, go to salary.com.

Certification doesnt give you a big edge over another applicant. Most companies base their pay on experience. Furthermore, some states like New York don't recognize pharmacy technicians as a field.
 

starrfishes

Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 13, 2005
202
0
s.cali!
Status
Pharmacist
Aznfarmerboi said:
Wages are not guarantee and varies depending on the company and location. Starting wage can be anywhere from minium wage to around 12-13 dolalrs an hour. (You must justify your worth to the company.) For an idea of a pharm tech's pay rate around your area, go to salary.com.

Certification doesnt give you a big edge over another applicant with most companies basing their pay on experience. Furthermore, some states like New York don't recognize pharmacy technicians as a field.
I definately agree. Most companies will set your pay according to your level of experience. In this case, getting certified, though it is a good thing--but w/o experience, it won't do you much good. What makes a valuable employee for keeps is an experienced worker who is efficient and knowledgeable.
 

Poland

As strong as me
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 17, 2005
106
0
AL
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
"In this case, getting certified, though it is a good thing--but w/o experience, it won't do you much good."

I fear this kind of thing. I work in a drug store and have for a while now, but I am not a technician. Right now I am studying for the certification exam and I look forward to taking it. Though, I only work as a cashier at the store, and even with a certification it will be tough finding someone to give me first-hand experiance. Where I live it seems as if the techs at various places don't enjoy their job, and they don't think much about certification and aren't required to. But when it comes down to hiring someone new it's all about the experiance points then. How about for you guys?
 
About the Ads