pharmacy technician phone interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

needsomehelpnow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I have a phone interview scheduled tomorrow with pharmacy in a local medical center. I interviewed with another chain pharmacy last time but screwed up. I know it sounds stupid to screw up an 10 minute phone interview but the phone call was so unexpected and I don't even remember what I said last time :(

Does anyone have some useful tips to share? I have been preparing for questions like 'what's your strength, weakness', or 'how did you achieve goal as a team' and so on. I know I would have to deal with it eventually but I am so nervous:scared:

I also have my first pharmacy school interview next week. I'm losing my mind!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Oh god I hate phone interviews!! That being said, I would try to sound confident as much as possible. DEFINITELY add in that you are applying to pharmacy school so you intend to stay with the company and hopefully get an intern position in the future and possibly work as a pharmacist there when your done with school (even if this is all a lie, its good to try to show promise in their company/hospital and how much you want to be a part of it ;)) Tell them you have open availability (they also like to hear that as well!) and you are a very fast learner. Other than that, just be yourself.
I personally worked as an inpatient pharm tech in a hospital and I did not have any experience at all except PTCB certification. The reason I got the job was that I told them I have a big passion for pharmacy and intend to go to pharmacy school. That alone made them look at me differently compared to other techs. Good luck!! :)

Oh god I hate phone interviews!! That being said, I would try to sound confident as much as possible. DEFINITELY add in that you are applying to pharmacy school so you intend to stay with the company and hopefully get an intern position in the future and possibly work as a pharmacist there when your done with school (even if this is all a lie, its good to try to show promise in their company/hospital and how much you want to be a part of it ;)) Tell them you have open availability (they also like to hear that as well!) and you are a very fast learner. Other than that, just be yourself.
I personally worked as an inpatient pharm tech in a hospital and I did not have any experience at all except PTCB certification. The reason I got the job was that I told them I have a big passion for pharmacy and intend to go to pharmacy school. That alone made them look at me differently compared to other techs. Good luck!! :)

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely tell them I am applying for pharmacy school. It would have been better if the interview was in person but what can I do about it!

I feel you on this one. I got a 15 min phone interview WHILE I was on vacation in Florida. Talk about unexpected. But before you make the call or around the time you're expecting the call get relaxed. Just stay confident and push through it. Be ready for any questions to be on your toes too but just be clear and be ready. You'll get it!
Best of Luck