pharmacy technician test

Started by Bauhinia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bauhinia

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry if this has already been asked/answered. I'm from soCAL. What prep book/class should I get/take to prepare for the pharmacy technician test? How good does it look on the pharm app to have had passed the test? Thanks!!!
 
I've heard that a book by Noah Reifman is pretty good for self study.
 
I used Delmar's Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review. You can check it out on Amazon at http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0766814327/ref=pd_bxgy_img_b/002-2742174-9342466?_encoding=UTF8
I had no problem passing the test the first time around (it's really not THAT hard). I felt this book had everything I needed. I was able to use the fact that I studied on my own to pass this test during my interview. I think the main reason for passing the tech test though is that it's much easier to find pharmacy experience with a tech license in CA. Good luck!