Pharmacy Technician Trainee Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxokmh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I recently moved to Texas and found out that in order to have in state tuition, I must be working for at least 12 months. I am planning to get my pharmacy technician license to get some experience before applying to pharmacy school and such. I was wondering if the Pharmacy Technician Trainee programs at CVS/Walgreens/Kroger etc are considered as jobs or not? I'm really new at all of this! Thanks in advance :)

Members don't see this ad.

Once you are hired as a technician, you would go though the training program. This program helps give you the necessary skills and teaching to become a pharmacy tech. As you go through this process, at least in the case of CVS, you are also working in your store after you complete your initial training.

Once you are hired as a technician, you would go though the training program. This program helps give you the necessary skills and teaching to become a pharmacy tech. As you go through this process, at least in the case of CVS, you are also working in your store after you complete your initial training.

I just need the Technician Trainee Certification before I apply for the training program correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
At CVS, you get hired and then sent to classes. I don't know anything about a trainee certification. You need to register with the board of pharmacy for the state. Maybe it's different for other companies. The training program is a part of being hired as a pharmacy technician. You apply for that position, not a program.

It depends on the PIC of the stores. I know some PIC want to hire certified tech instead of trainee. But you can definitely be hired with just the trainee certification as long as you registered with the pharmacy board of Texas and get your drug test done. This time of the year when flu season begins and people get back to schools,it is the best time for you to find a job. Only downside is that you could be overwhelmed with the workload and nobody have time to guide you step by step.