Pharmacy technician Trainee VS pharmacy technician

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

giffyw

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm kind of new to the pharmacy technician thing. So I recently took the ptcb exam and passed. I live in Texas, so with my ptcb certification, the licensing website says I can either register as a licensed pharmacy trainee or a licensed pharmacy tech. I self-taught for the ptcb exam. I only interned in Walgreens a couple of years ago. So I'm just wondering, since I don't have much experience in the pharmacy technician field yet, should I register as a trainee first or go ahead with pharmacy tech? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Go ahead with pharmacy tech. The trainee certification is only for those who have not taken/passed the PTCE. Your pay will also be slightly higher with an actual tech certification.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys. I'm kind of new to the pharmacy technician thing. So I recently took the ptcb exam and passed. I live in Texas, so with my ptcb certification, the licensing website says I can either register as a licensed pharmacy trainee or a licensed pharmacy tech. I self-taught for the ptcb exam. I only interned in Walgreens a couple of years ago. So I'm just wondering, since I don't have much experience in the pharmacy technician field yet, should I register as a trainee first or go ahead with pharmacy tech? Thank you!

Which part of Texas do you live? If you are in Spring please message me. I am a pharmacy manager. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 user