pharmacy volunteer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lucy86

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
so on pharmcas application, the "extracurricular" section, for pharmacy volunteer experience, I know that most of us have done things like organizing shelves and filling up medications and sticking labels, sorting out medications, and just overall help to staff. do you guys think it's better to describe it as that or more like in terms of what you've learned (for instance, I observed the pharmacist on a daily basis, etc..) thank you guys

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
so on pharmcas application, the "extracurricular" section, for pharmacy volunteer experience, I know that most of us have done things like organizing shelves and filling up medications and sticking labels, sorting out medications, and just overall help to staff. do you guys think it's better to describe it as that or more like in terms of what you've learned (for instance, I observed the pharmacist on a daily basis, etc..) thank you guys

"Sorted shelves and filled up medications" = "Assisted the Pharmacist in conducting his daily business and ensuring the facility ran in an optimal manner."

And yes, definitely, observing the Pharmacist is a buzz phrase. You never want to itemize your activities like a boring laundry list... not even on a resume! An overview of the most important activities without going into inane detail will be your best bet.

Sounds like you should follow your instincts on that one!