Pharmacy Volunteering

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Asnchic

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this might be in the FAQ area but I'm short on time to skim through those and incredibly need anyone's input on this specific question.

BTW, hi guys, sorry I haven't been back in a while. The Pre-Reqs are tough but definitely rewarding. Loving my professors and loving the subject material for Pre-Pharm.

Okay, moving on.

Does anyone who goes to UT-Austin know of any specific places where I can volunteer in a pharmacy? I've tried various things but I'm thinking I might not have covered all my bases just quite yet and am wanting to assure myself that I have. If not, any tips? Should I show up in person or just call?

Thanks all for reading this over and good luck with the coming year to all of you.

Members don't see this ad.

there are volunteer departments at all the hospitals in the Austin area. Just walk in or call them and ask if you can volunteer at their pharmacies. Try Brack, St David's and Seton- they are close to campus.

Yeah, I just worry sometimes that I'm "wasting space" with a question that has a good likelihood of being answered before. I just don't want to step on any toes. I've always had that problem and try to impose as little on another's good will as I can.

Thanks for the reassurement!

Longhorn 23, thank you so much for that!

I'm joining several volunteer organizations as well as LPPA, any other suggestions? I'm not familiar with Austin's scene at all and if there's anything that you're familiar with, I'd sure appreciate it! I hate it because the one friend (yes, I honestly do, currently at this time, have one friend in Austin and I wouldn't consider him really a friend...) I have doesn't really know anything either (party animal).

For once, I'd love, absolutely LOVE to meet someone here who doesn't waste all their weekends partying and drinking.

Anyway, thanks all!