Pharmacy with MBA (Finance) or MBA (marketing) or (Management)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

golo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which one is suggested for a pharmacist to enroll in MBA Finance or marketing or management? since i want to work in a pharmaceutical company,which one is more required in US/Canada nowadays?

Members don't see this ad.

Which one is suggested for a pharmacist to enroll in MBA Finance or marketing or management? since i want to work in a pharmaceutical company,which one is more required in US/Canada nowadays?

probably not finance. Either a general mba or magagement (unless you have a strong interest in marketing or finance)

The problem is i don't have much idea about the difference that Finance or marketing or management make in the pharmaceutical field!

Members don't see this ad :)
The problem is i don't have much idea about the difference that Finance or marketing or management make in the pharmaceutical field!

read some intro to mba book such as this to start off:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idio...TF8&qid=1343272443&sr=1-1&keywords=mba+basics

I suggest gaining some experience, and then consider either a general or healthcare MBA. Finance (raising/managing capital, loans, bonds, etc) probably is an area that would not be helpful for you to specialize in.

read some intro to mba book such as this to start off:

http://www.amazon.com/Complete-Idio...TF8&qid=1343272443&sr=1-1&keywords=mba+basics

I suggest gaining some experience, and then consider either a general or healthcare MBA. Finance (raising/managing capital, loans, bonds, etc) probably is an area that would not be helpful for you to specialize in.
thank you for the book. the school unfortunately doesn't offer healthcare MBA, only Finance,MAnagement,HR management & MARketing. in pharmaceutical field which specialization has more opportunities to get job as a young pharmacist?

thank you for the book. the school unfortunately doesn't offer healthcare MBA, only Finance,MAnagement,HR management & MARketing. in pharmaceutical field which specialization has more opportunities to get job as a young pharmacist?

If a general MBA is not avail, and if you have no special interest in any of the specializations mentioned, then either management (not HR management) or marketing would probably give you the most opportunities