Pharmacy with multiple stateLicenses

Started by _Tom_
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

_Tom_

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello

I am about to open a new pharmacy in Nevada. I just checked the board meetings & agendas and saw several independent pharmacies in California also applied for Nevada license. My question: what is the benefit of having more than 1 state licenses?

Regards;

_Tom_
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No. You can register with other states' medicaids. It's just a ton of paperwork so most pharmacies don't.

This is probably to meet a state specific mail order requirement.
this is correct - I recently took the Florida boards and I believe if you mail rx's into the state, you have to have a license in that state
 
Question: If I have medi-Cal (California Medicaid) patients, I have to apply for California Pharmacy License AND media-Cal before I can bill medi-Cal patients or I just apply for media-cal with Nevada Pharmacy license?

Thanks